New Scale Technologies M3-L Linear Smart Actuators
The world’s smallest closed-loop linear motion system.
The M3-L is a miniature high resolution positioning system. It is a “smart” actuator with integrated driver and closed-loop controller inside the actuator.
This compact, powerful motion system helps original equipment manufacture (OEM) designers improve performance and reduce the size of instruments in a wide range of applications.
M3-L micro linear actuators add high resolution positioning to portable and hand-held devices. They accept a 3.3V supply and high level input via standard serial interface.
Production-ready standard modules are available, as well as customized modules to fit your OEM application.
- Small: complete, compact system with embedded closed-loop controls. Less than than half the size and one-fourth the weight of comparable systems.
- No external control board is needed.
- Precise: 0.5μm position resolution with six millimeters of travel.
- Low voltage, low power use: runs on 3.3V input, holds position with power off.
- Simple system integration: accepts high-level motion commands DIRECTLY from your system processor, over standard serial interface (I2C or SPI).
- Flexible system, fast time to market: the M3 platform is designed for rapid customization. Modules are configurable for single- or multi-axis motion and travel up to 20 mm.
This product could be used for the following applications:
- Precision tuning of optical and photonics systems
- Laser beam steering and targeting
- Field-portable systems for biomedical and chemical detection and analysis
- Micro surgical devices
- Point-of-care systems
This product is manufactured by New Scale Technologies.