New Scale Technologies M3-RS Rotary Smart Stages
Piezoelectric micro stages with embedded drive electronics offer high precision, smallest size and unmatched ease of use.
New Scale Technologies rotary micro stages and positioning modules feature patented piezoelectric motors along with integrated position sensors, bearings, drive electronics and embedded firmware.
These “smart stages” have all electronics integrated into the compact rotary micro stage – no external controller required. Along with smallest system size, this makes for fastest, easiest integration into your handheld and portable systems.
- Smallest size: <12mm diameter including controller
- Closed-loop controller embedded in micro stage – no separate controller needed
- 3.3 VDC input
- Direct input of motion commands (I2C, SPI, UART or analog servo)
- Angular resolution 0.025deg (440µrad) closed loop – built-in absolute position sensor
- Angular resolution 0.0057deg (100µrad) open loop with external position sensor provided by user
- Absolute encoding and position feedback
- Holds position with zero power and no jitter
- Fast integration for embedded motion in smaller instruments
This product could be used for the following applications:
- Dermatology lasers
- Fluorescence microscopes
- 3D imaging instruments
- In-vivo and in-vitro micro laser surgery
- 3D printers
- LIDAR, 3D measurement, spectroscopy
- Remote sensing (e.g. pollution sources)
- Image and hand tremor stabilization
- Laser marking, engraving, machining
- Free-space optical communication
- Variable optical attenuation
- Fiber-to-fiber optical switching
Aerospace and defense
- Target designation, jitter compensation
- Automated obstacle detection, tracking and avoidance for robots, UAVs, etc.
This product is manufactured by New Scale Technologies.