828 Series High Speed Optical Wavelength Meter
Bristol Instruments, the leader in optical wavelength measurement instrumentation, offers an interferometer based wavelength meter that is designed to revolutionize wavelength division multiplexing (WDM) testing applications.
The 828 optical wavelength meter employs a unique Fizeau etalon design that results in the ability to measure wavelength to an accuracy as high as ±0.3pm at an unmatched measurement rate of 1kHz. This enables greater efficiency in the production of WDM components by reducing test times from hours to minutes. What’s more, a time resolution of 1ms results in the most detailed wavelength characterization of tunable lasers.
- Wavelength measured to an accuracy as high as ±0.3pm
- Automatic calibration with a built-in wavelength standard
- Measurement confidence level of ≥99.7%.
- Traceable to National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) standard
- Simultaneous measurement of optical power to ±0.5dB
- High sensitivity of -40dBm (0.1µW)
- Operates with continuous wave (CW) and modulated signals
- Fastest measurement rate of 1kHz for reduced testing times
- Time resolution of 1ms for the most detailed wavelength characterization
- Convenient touch screen display reports measurement data in a variety of formats
- Interfacing via standard commands for programmable instruments (SCPI) using universal serial bus (USB), Ethernet, or general purpose interface bus (GPIB)
- Data streaming available using an RS-422 serial interface
- Internal data storage for up to one million measurements
- Rugged design for manufacturing environments
This product is manufactured by Bristol Instruments.